Ongoing emissions from
• Airport Workers Backed By Major Labor Union Protest At LAX To Combat ‘Environmental Racism’
• Ignoring call to halt new airports would be ‘electoral carnage’, Sunak warned
• Greens’ bill to bring in Brisbane Airport curfew would push up airfares, says aviation expert
• Cologne Bonn Airport switches to Neste renewable diesel
… greenwashed fuels and engines
‘SUSTAINABLE’ AVIATION FUELS
The aviation industry uses marketing greenwash and accounting tricks to mislead you into thinking that actual flight emissions from ‘Sustainable’ Aviation Fuel (SAF) are a fraction of those from fossil jet fuel. A jet never burns pure SAF, so a common 50:50 blend with fossil jet fuel doubles claimed emissions. And actual flight CO2 emissions are additionally more than claimed, by the amount of CO2 drawn down in making the fuel. Furthermore SAF still creates non-CO2 emissions twice as warming as actual flight CO2 emissions.
• Green skies ahead if sustainable aviation fuel takes off
• Air bp scoops Australian Aviation’s sustainability initiative of the year award
• Your Next Airplane Flight Could Be Powered by French Fry Oil
• Lummus launches ethanol-based sustainable aviation fuel technology
• What would it take to make aviation green in the EU?
• New E.U. Law Requires 70% of Aviation Fuel to Be Sustainable By 2050
• ReFuelEU: European Aviation Industry Hails New Sustainable Fuels Regulation
• Drawbacks of adopting a “similar” lca methodology for U.S. Sustainable aviation fuel (SAF)
• RFA Encourages GREET Model for Aviation Fuel Standards
• Aviation will need significant government support to decarbonize: WestJet CEO
• Sustainable aviation fuel: agriculture’s ticket to redemption?
• Australia’s sustainable aviation fuel industry prepares for take-off
• Sustainable energy for aviation: What are our options?
• Can flying ever be sustainable? New developments in aviation explored
• Jet fuel made with captured CO2 and clean electricity set for take-off
… demand growth
• Frequent Flying’s Dirtiest Habit: Mileage Runs
• Delta Is No Longer A Good Enough Airline To Keep Gutting SkyMiles
• I posed as a private jet customer. This is what I was told about emissions
… industry denial
• Austrian Airlines misleads consumers about CO₂-neutral flying, Austrian advertising watchdog rules
Stopping emissions by
… flight cuts
• ‘Get used to it’, environmental groups tell aviation industry fighting flight cuts at Schiphol
… zero emissions flights
• Electric Planes: Are They Really The Future Of Flight?
… cuts in demand
• Rationing and Climate Change Mitigation
• Aviation workers oppose UK Government’s fossil fuel plans
• California legislative committee advances GHG disclosure, climate risk bills to final stage
• US Open semi-final halted as climate protester glues feet to ground